Customer Service Training
Designed for all customer facing staff exploring foundation customer service skills and creating a proactive approach to delivering an excellent customer experience
☑ Course Delivery Duration: 2 x 120 Minute Instructor led Virtual Classroom Training (VCT) Sessions
☑ Self-Study Duration: 2-4 hours self-study and work-based tasks
☑ Course Materials: Downloadable materials for this course include a detailed manual for each module and a variety of other handouts and exercises. These materials will be used in the sessions and can also be used after the sessions.
- Customer Service Advisors
- Service Advisors
- Customer Service Managers
- Retail Sales Advisors
This course is designed to provide a structured approach to understanding the increasing demands of today’s customers. Customer service can often be the determining factor in any business’ success and with greater choice and accessibility to alternatives, the way in which we deliver a customer experience is becoming increasingly important. Basic customer communication, awareness of issues, managing expectations and measuring success can all be found in this course.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Define the core meaning of customer service and consider how it can be measured
- Describe key customer service measures and explain how they impact on both the customer and the business
- Develop key controls to ensure all aspects of the customer journey are managed
- Develop an improved understanding of customer expectations
- Describe how customer expectations are formed
- Consider how the customer experienced can be managed to align to or exceed the customers’ expectations
- Identify key measures to the customer experience
- Describe best practice in analysing customer feedback
- Develop a proactive approach to managing customer experience adaptations to increase the customer experience
- Identify and instil the relevant behaviours within the business to achieve customer service goals
- Implement management controls to ensure the customer experience is driven through attitude, behaviours and culture within the business
- Develop a structured process for effective customer relationship management
- Map out and implement a robust customer contact strategy
- Develop effective and consistent customer communications
- Review, analyse and prioritise customer feedback
This course is divided into four modules:
This module is designed to introduce the participant to the core definition of customer service and identify the manageable components within this area in order to measure and improve the customer experience. Each section in this module looks at the finer points of understanding customer service as a process and a concept, and explores the best practice in delivering a consistently high standard of customer experience Including how we:
- Define it
- Measure it
- Manage it
Based on the available information within the business to provide a more engaging and more satisfying customer experience, leading to improved customer service measures.
This module is designed to support participants in developing their understanding of customers’ expectations, how they are formed and how this impacts on the business. Through the effective use of customer feedback to measure current performance and make relevant changes in approach and best practice to improve where required. This module contains sections covering:
- How are customer expectations formed?
- How do we match our performance?
- Customer service measurements
- Understanding feedback
- Adapting behaviours to improve the customer experience
Behaviours and Cultures
This module is designed to focus on the core mindset, behaviours and culture within a business in relation to delivering high levels of customer service and customer experience. Sections of this module include:
- Instilling correct behaviours
- Managing attitudes
- Effective communication
- Creating a culture within the business
This module examines the role of relationship management in managing long-term customers to ensure a growing relationship. Sections in this module include:
- Defining relationships
- Contact strategy
- Growing sales through relationship management
Customer service and the way we manage our customers is a highly important aspect in today’s marketplace. This course provides a structured framework to enable participants to be able to develop their current approach, manage personal and team behaviours and develop a proactive and continued method to consistently improve the customers experience.