Networking Basics is an engaging four module course designed for both new and experienced networkers. The course focuses on basic ‘Best Practice’, that if applied consistently will increase the awareness of you and your business within your group, demonstrate your integrity as a business and an individual and lead to greater levels of recognition and ultimately referrals both passed and received.
☑ Course Delivery Duration: 4 x 45 Minute Instructor led Virtual Classroom Training (VCT) Sessions
☑ Self-Study Duration: 2-4 hours self-study and work-based tasks
☑ Course Materials: Downloadable materials for this course include a detailed manual for each module, time management techniques, 60 seconds structure, One-to-One information sheet, next actions tracker and a networking tracker. These materials will be used in the sessions and can be used after the sessions.
- Business Networkers
- Sales Managers
- Local Business Sales Executives
- B2B Sales Executives
- Business Development Managers
This course is designed for small business owners and sales specialists who attend or plan to attend Local Business Networking meetings and events. This course will cover all of the essential activity in networking, developing relationships with other local businesses and generating referral business through creating connections, introductions and referrals. The course will also provide a strong foundation for experienced networkers who want to increase their level of referral business (passed and received) in order to increase their Return on Investment (ROI).
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Consider the value in effective meeting preparation
- Describe core criteria for preparation
- Identify areas to improve their own preparations
- Create a focus on preparation for upcoming networking meetings
- Describe an effective structure to a 60 second presentation
- Develop core content
- Create and develop a structured running order
- Develop effective content
- Describe rehearsal methods
- Demonstrate increased confidence and an improved presentation performance
- Describe the value in consistent One-to-Ones with fellow members
- Demonstrate knowledge of an effective One-to-One agenda
- Describe core questioning and listening skills
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to One-to-Ones
- Describe best practice in finding referrals, introductions and new business opportunities
- Demonstrate a consistent approach and increase in creating referrals
This course is divided into four modules:
Designed to equip new networkers to maximise their return on investment in the shortest possible time. Focussing on the basics of networking (60 Second Presentations, One-to-Ones, Open Networking and Creating Referrals).
60 Second Presentations
Developing an effective 60 second presentation for networking events and building your confidence in delivering your presentation to an audience. This includes structure, timing, content, presentation skills and feedback, leading to improved results.
Examining the importance and value of consistent One-to-Ones and how best to structure each one to achieve effective relationship building, time management, creating referral opportunities and follow ups.
Creating a consistent approach to identify referral opportunities, creating referral conversations and building confidence in introducing network members to potential new customers.
Although many networking organisations offer specific training for their group structure, there is often a delay in availability, or the training is delivered by a group member rather than a professional trainer. This course is designed to provide instant access, meaning you can start to benefit from an increase in confidence straight away and reduce the time required to start generating tangible results.
Delivered by an experienced Networker, small business owner and training professional this course is well structured with content and supporting materials to ensure you can achieve the desired learning outcomes.
This course is designed to be engaging, easy to follow and to provide you with measurable improvements in your confidence, techniques, approach and results.