Sales Basics Training
A comprehensive introduction to sales foundation skills for all types of Sales Executives and Advisors. Exploring a zonal sales approach to understanding customer buying behaviours and identifying the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to maximise sales activity and opportunities.
☑ Course Delivery Duration: 2 x 120 Minute Instructor led Virtual Classroom Training (VCT) Sessions
☑ Self-Study Duration: 2-4 hours self-study and work-based tasks
☑ Course Materials: Downloadable materials for this course include a detailed manual for each module, email and telephone word track templates and objection handling guides. These materials will be used in the sessions and can also be used after the sessions.
- Sales Executives and Advisors
- Telesales Advisors
- Sales Agents
This course is designed to provide a detailed analysis of the basic foundations of selling. Exploring a zonal sales approach to understanding customer buying behaviours and identifying the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to maximise sales activity and opportunities. Suitable for new Sales Executives and experienced executives who want to refocus and refine their approach, as well as Sales Managers looking for a structured approach to develop their sales teams.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the stages of the sales process
- Describe the zonal approach to sales process
- Describe the value in recognising the steps of a sales process
- Explain the actions required in each stage of the sales process
- Explain in detail the activities in each step
- Develop a proactive approach to customer engagement
- Develop a professional approach to recognising the value customer experience
- Plan an effective approach to improving their customer experience
- Develop a professional approach to enhanced communications, creating rapport and mutual understanding
- Deliver an improved product presentation leading to greater customer commitment
- Demonstrate the use of tie downs and product commitment, leading to customer influence and increased sales results
- Confidently manage customer’s objections and lead to a positive customer commitment
- Focus on proactive customer retention and customer commitment
This course is divided into four modules:
This sales training module explores the whole of the sales process and considers the customer behaviour and buying motives throughout. Exploring a zonal approach to managing salesperson activity at each stage and refining the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be consistently successful.
This module takes deep look at the basic communication techniques required for effective customer communication. Words, Tone, Questioning and Listening, as well as conversational techniques to develop effective qualification leading to a better/ improved customer relationship. Plus, the ability to deliver a more tailored product presentation or enhanced product/ service offering.
Focusing on core sales activity required to effectively qualify, present, overcome objections and gain customer commitment. This module maps out the knowledge, skills and behaviours that are present in successful sales professionals and can be observed being displayed consistently. Understand each activity, how it should be applied and measuring the specific outcomes from each, that when combined, produce a consistent and effective result.
Asking for business, closing or dealing is the key objective in sales activity and is often achieved inconsistently or poorly. Examining simple sales techniques and developing an understanding of how to achieve consistent customer commitment can often be the difference between success and failure.
This course provides a clear and detailed foundation for any type of sales. Mapping out buyer behaviour and salesperson activity, enabling a consistent approach to developing core selling skills. Recognising those core skills and creating a plan to improve their effectiveness and consistency will ultimately lead to a greater return on activity.
This sales training foundation course is designed for both new and experienced sales professionals to analyse, identify and develop their core knowledge and skills and create a significant difference in their returns and achievements.