Designed for Senior Sales, Supervisors and Sales Managers. Explore advanced sales techniques and core sales management skills.
☑ Course Delivery Duration: 4 x 45 Minute Instructor led Virtual Classroom Training (VCT) Sessions
☑ Self-Study Duration: 2-4 hours self-study and work-based tasks
☑ Course Materials: Downloadable materials for this course include a detailed manual for each module and a variety of other handouts and exercises. These materials will be used in the sessions and can also be used after the sessions.
- Sales Managers
- Sales Executives and Advisors
- Telesales Advisors
- Sales Agents
This course is designed to build on from the foundation of Sales Basics and develop a deeper knowledge of the sales process, customer buying behaviours and salesperson activity in improving results. This course will also offer an introduction to sales management from a team performance view and assist in creating development plans, applying sales training aids and monitoring and measuring activity. Ideal for Sales Executives, Senior Sales Executives and Sales Managers, this course will provide a framework for development and a structure to improve sales activity and performance (results).
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Recognise the difference between sales activity and sales performance
- Differentiate actions and results
- Develop a proactive sales activity plan
- Identify and develop effective daily operating controls designed to achieve overall activity and performance targets
- Manage Daily Operating Controls (DOCs)
- Create a robust and detailed PDCA plan to improve sales activity
- Review and analyse competitor activity and marketing to ensure alignment and diversification
- Structure an effective sales meeting
- Analyse your sales operation through the SPPC model (Structure, Process, People and Controls)
- Identify the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to achieve the desired sales growth
- Describe key components of inspiring your sales team
- Describe key components of developing motivation
- Consider the value in utilising the GROW model to develop your (or your teams’) performance
- Describe the differences between managing and leading
- Develop an effective approach to management and leadership
- Describe the process and value in deploying a Training Needs Analysis (TNA) for you and your team
This course is divided into four modules:
Activity Vs Performance
This module is designed to enable senior Sales Executives, Supervisors and Sales Managers to record, analyse and demonstrate an effective use of sales activity data to drive performance as an individual or as a team.
- Activity vs Performance
- Activity Plan
- Daily Operating Controls (DOCs)
- Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA)
- Competitor Analysis
By the end of this module participants will be able to confidently create performance improvement actions based on an increased understanding of sales activity. Delivering more consistent sales growth results.
This focuses on the SPPC model and how it can be used to identify key performance issues and create easy to apply steps to improve sales team performance through managed actions.
- Structuring a Sales Meeting
By the end of this module participants will be able to analyse current operational practices, identify areas for development and create and implement performance improvement actions to deliver an improved performance result.
Developing a proactive approach to sales team performance improvement through the application of key management techniques, implementation of structured coaching and training to increase skill levels and focus motivated activity, as well as exceptional leadership skills.
- Knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Inspire and motivate
- Coaching (GROW Model)
- Leader vs Manager
- Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
- Developing and delivering training sessions
By the end of this module participants will be able to identify the core knowledge, skills and behaviours required to develop their sales performance or that of their teams, design and implement on-the-job coaching using a structured model and measure/ provide a robust training programme.
Sales Managers Toolbox
This final module explores how to use core Sales Manager tools in a high-pressured sales environment to ensure all sales staff are fully productive and achieving targeted levels of activity and performance.
- Motivation – Maslow
- Motivation – McClelland
- Sales Managers Tools
- Time management
- Hawthorne Effect
By the end of this module participants will be able to utilise key tools to develop their sales performance and that of their sales teams. Creating time to work on the business performance, whilst maintaining operational integration and developing sales resources to increase successful achievements of target-based performance results.
This course offers a development path for successful sales professionals to supervisors and managers. Identifying core aspects in developing your own sales effectiveness, as well as developing performance in others.
Creating an understanding of the relationship between sales activity and performance, the actions a salesperson completes and the results of those actions, developing specific activity and performance measures that enable an effective salesperson or manager to adapt their approach to change in the marketplace or sales channel, and drive towards achieving their predetermined targets within the given timescale. This course is challenging and rewarding and will also provide a toolbox of support tools, materials and advice to support your growth and deliver your results.